Our main activity is organisation of rehabilitation holidays for Chernobyl children.
In order to raise funds for the rehabilitation programme, we run lessons in Russian Language and Culture to primary and secondary school children. Classes take place once a week in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. Teachers are either company members or members of public willing to provide their services to the organisation on a voluntary basis. All teachers are garda vetted as well in accordance with the company policies. Currently we have 3 teachers and about 30 children attending the classes.
A few times a year we organise clothes/food collections to be sent to orphanages and nursing homes in Ukraine and Belarus. These are typically organised at Easter, September (before the school starts) and Christmas. The organisations we send our charity parcels to are as follows:
- Saint Elisabeth Convent, Minsk, Belarus
- Ascension Monastery, Ukraine, Bancheny village.
- Charitable Foundation of St. Luka, Kiev, Ukraine
- Foundation “Let’s Help Children of Ukraine”, Nikopol, Ukraine.
- Baby Orphanage “Priluki”, Ukraine